Well gosh, with all of these new followers i should probably post a recipe or something! SO HERE
(i know that’s not a very attractive picture and that i shouldn’t use a plate with dishcloth lint on it, but shhhh it tastes sexy as hell i swear)
I posted a picture of this cake pre-freeze yesterday! Onto the recipe because no one wants a story and i don’t feel like telling one!
BANANA OREO ICE CREAM CAKE (gluten free+vegan)
INGREDIENTS FOR THE ICE CREAM
- 7 bananas, chopped and frozen
- 1 fresh nanner
- 1/4 tsp guar gum (optional, for creaminess)
- splash of milk/liquid
- pinch of salt
process all of that in a blender/food processor, tossing the frozen bananas in last (makes it much easier to blend!)
spread about half of the ice cream into a 9 inch springform pan (not sure how to do this without a springform! but experiment! it would probably pop out of a silicon pan nicely), stick that and the leftover ice cream in the freezer while you make the dough
AND FOR THE OREO CRUNCH DE-FUCKING-LIGHT
- 3/4 cup gluten free flour (preferably something with brown rice flour, for that lovely crunchy grittiness! i used King Arthur’s Multipurpose GF blend)
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1/4 cup raw sugar/xylitol/sweetener of choice (i think you could get away with a liquid sweetener if you just increased the flour)
- 1/2 tsp salt (can omit/reduce, but i have to have salt with my sweet!)
- 2 tbsp coconut oil, melted (veg oil works too)
- ~5 tbsp milk
smash all that stuff together, coconut oil and milk last of course.
now take your ice cream out of the freezer and spread the dough evenly over it (as you can see mine was uneven, that’s cos i didn’t freeze my ice cream long enough for it to not smush all over while i put the dough on, so i tore off chunks of dough, rolled them flat, and plopped em on. it’ll be easier if you freeze it for at least 30 minutes)
cover that up with the rest of the ice cream
back into the freezer while you make the chocolate drizzle!
FOR THE CHOCOLATE DRIZZLE
- 1 tbsp liquid coconut oil
- 1.5 tbsp cocoa powder
- 1.5 tbsp powdered sugar or stevia to taste
REMOVE YOUR CAKE FROM ITS TUNDRA
DRIZZLE THIS STUFF ALL OVER. I did not make an attempt at being artistic but if you wanna do it pretty more power to you.
BACK INTO THE FREEZER FOR A FEW HOURS, OVERNIGHT PREFERRED, REMOVE SPRINGFORM RING, CUT (NO NEED TO THAW), DEVOUR